As already rumored before, Nikon will announce D750 successor in early 2020. Now according to latest rumors on NR, Nikon D780 will be officially announced ahead of CES 2020 during January 7-10. The long awaited NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S lens and another F-mount lens will be also announced during CES 2020.
To be announced ahead of CES 2020:
- Nikon D780
- NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Lens
- A new F-mount Lens (AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens)
- Buy Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body – Was $2,000, now just $1,196.95 (Also at B&H Photo)
- Buy D750 FX-Format Digital SLR Body Only Camera – Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A. – $899.95
Rumored specs of Nikon D780:
- 24MP BSI improved sensor
- Articulated TFT LCD tilting touchscreen, 3.2″ with 2,100,000 dots
- Significantly improved processor (compared to the D750)
- Improved fps RAW shooting
- Video: 3840×2160 24p-30p, 1920×1080 24p-120p
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- No built-in flash
- Higher ISO (better than the D850)
- Dual SD UHSII card slots
- Between 51 and 153 AF points – one number that I was given is 105 AF points
- An updated interface like the Z-series
- Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
- Nikon EN-EL15b battery (used also in the Z6 & Z7, D850, D750 and other Nikon cameras)
- Release date could be as early as January-February for the CP+ show.
- Official announcement expected ahead of CES 2020.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!