Nikon has just officially announced the new Nikon NIKKOR Z 17-28mm F2.8 lens. This ultra-wide-angle zoom manages to mix speed and compactness while presenting a broad field of view that’s perfect for anything from landscapes to architecture subjects to handheld vlogging applications.
The Nikon Z 17-28mm F2.8 Nikkor lens will be available in late October for $1,199.95.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 17-28mm F/2.8 Specifications:
|Focal Length||17 to 28mm|
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||103° to 75°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.5″ / 19 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Weight||1 lb / 450 g|
Nikon NIKKOR Z 17-28mm F/2.8 Features
- Coverage of the ultrawide-angle 17-mm to wide-angle 28-mm range of focal lengths makes this lens the perfect choice for a wide variety of scenes and subjects, including street photography, landscapes, and portraits.
- The fast constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range allows for natural bokeh expression and reduces the effects of camera shake when shooting in low-light conditions.
- The compact and lightweight design with a total length of approx. 101 mm and weight of approx. 450 g provides excellent portability.
- Offers the shortest minimum focus distance*1 among full-frame/FX-format NIKKOR Z wide-angle zoom lenses — just 0.19 m, allowing users to get close to their subjects for dynamic expression.
- Provides high-speed AF and supports smooth focusing, even when shooting moving subjects and video.
- Equipped with a stepping motor (STM) for extremely quiet operation and fast response.
- Incorporates a control ring, to which settings such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned — realizing quiet, smooth operation even during video recording.
- Support for linear MF drive*2 enables smooth focusing.
- Designed to suppress focus breathing so that changes in the angle of view when focus is adjusted are reduced.
- The length of the lens barrel remains constant when zooming. This makes it easier to maintain balance during shooting, while also making the lens safer to carry.
- Designed with consideration for dust- and drip-resistance*3, and an antifouling coating applied to the front-most lens element.