Nikon has announced the release of NX Studio image. The video editing/viewing software combines the best bits of Nikon’s View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications in a single piece of software.
The newly released Nikon NX Studio is essentially a replacement for both applications, offering almost every feature of the pair in a single program. Capture NX-D and ViewNX-i will remain available for download, but are unlikely to be updated to add support for new cameras or compatibility with future operating system updates.
Nikon digital camera users can download the software, free of charge, from today and those who currently use View NX-i and Capture NX-D are advised to switch to NX Studio as View NX-i and Capture NX-D will no longer be updated so they’re compatible with the latest OS and new functions won’t be added either.
NX Studio inherits a wide range of existing functions from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, including detailed editing functions such as Picture Control and White Balance settings, and Exposure Compensation for RAW data. In addition, it includes Colour Control Points that allow users to adjust colours within a specified area and a Retouch Brush feature for advanced correction. Its intuitive menu structure is organised by workflow, which improves the overall response speed for each function and provides a smoother editing process for both stills and video.
The software will enable users to transfer images to Nikon’s image sharing and storage service, Nikon Image Space, and will be continually updated to ensure compatibility with new camera models such as the Nikon Z7 II.
Primary NX Studio features:
- Software enables the viewing, processing and editing of still images and video in one place
- A user-friendly menu, categorised by workflow – making it simple to use and easy to understand
- A variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, in addition to an easy-to-read shooting information display
- Inherited XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions from ViewNX-i and detailed editing functions from Capture NX-D, including Colour Control Points
- Compatibility with other software, such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2, supporting a smooth post-shooting workflow
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!