Nikon Z9 PRO FF mirrorless camera is rumored to be capable of 8K video recording.
At Apple’s WWDC 2019 event to demonstrate the video editing capabilities of new Mac Pro, Apple team used a 8K movie created by Ami Vitale who is a National Geographic photographer and also a brand ambassador for Nikon.
The upcoming high-end Nikon mirrorless camera, the Nikon Z9 could offer the required sensor in that video and an option to record 8K videos. From Nikon Z3, Z5, Z9, D5700, D7600 Rumored Specs
- Nikon Z9: Development announcement could be as early as in this summer. This is the previously rumored high-end Z-mount full frame mirrorless camera (Z8) with dual card slots to compete Sony Alpha A9.
Rumored Nikon Z9 Specs
- 21MP FF CMOS sensor found on the Nikon D5 or the new 36MP Sony sensor which is in dveelopment
- 4K UHD up to 60p, Slow mo 1080p, Up to 120p
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- Viewfinder Electronic 5,760k dots, 100% coverage
- 20fps burst speed with 693 AF points
- Bigger buffer for fast af and speed
- Tilting 3.2″ touchscreen
- Dual XQD card slots
- Huge battery power for a mirrorless camera around 1,000 shots
- Price around $5,499
Nikon Upcoming Cameras in 2019
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Nikon mirrorless and Nikon Rumors.