According to latest rumors surfaced over the web, Olympus E-M1 III camera is coming on Q1 of 2020 if everything goes on schedule.
Olympus has registered a new camera online under the code name IM021. This refers to a new product and the company’s next model will probably be the Olympus E-M1 Mark III.
The registration is for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth puposes. We can expect the camera registered under this code name to be announced in the next 1-2 months.
As you may know, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II was launched in September 2016 and is likely to be replaced. Then the Olympus OM-D came as the flagship of the E-M1X, and the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III, just below it, signals that the next model for the OM-D series is the E-M1 Mark III.
Rumored Olympus E-M1 Mark III camera specifications.
- New 24-Megapixel Four Thirds sensor
- 60Mp for Handheld Res. and 100Mp for Tripod
- More phase detection pixels on the sensor
- Truepic IX processing engine
- Improvements on IBIS
- ISO 100 at base and optimized dynamic range
- 4K video at 60p
- Additions on weather-sealing
- Intelligent Subject Detection
- Same body design ergonomics but deeper grip
- Price to be around $2,000
Read more Olympus Rumors.