Olympus has announced the Olympus OM-D E-M1X, featuring an integrated vertical grip and improved image stabilisation performance featuring a re-developed and fast autofocus system, and up to 7.5 EV steps of compensation. The new high-end professional mirrorless camera primarily designed for speed, with dual TruePic VIII processors, an all-cross-type 121-point hybrid AF system with ‘Intelligent Subject Detection’, and 60 fps continuous shooting (18 with continuous AF).
The camera features a 20.4 megapixel live MOS sensor with improved supersonic wave filter for dust reduction and a dust, splash and freezeproof body. There is also the capability to produce a 50-megapixel high res handheld shot by combining several captures. The Olympus OM-D E-M1X can shoot video in 4K, and has 2 UHS-II SD card slots as well as 2 batteries in an innovative cartridge system.
- Price: $2,999
- Pre-orders: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
- Shipping starts on February 22nd
- Full press release
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Main Features
- Developed to produce professional results with maximum reliability and operability
- Intuitive design with integrated vertical grip for superb ergonomic controls in horizontal and vertical mode
- World’s best dust-, splash-, & freezeproofness
- World’s best image stabilization performance with up to 7.5 EV steps of compensation
- Re-developed AF system with various AF target modes and settings and intelligent subject tracking
- 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with improved supersonic wave filter for dust reduction
- Dual TruPicVIII high-speed image processors enabling high-speed responsiveness and new innovative features
- Dimensions: W 144.4mm x H 146.8mm x D 75.4mm
- Weight: approx. 849g (body only), 997g (with 2 batteries and SD cards)
- Available from late February 2019 at a RRP of £2799.99 (body only)
- Pro Capture mode for action photography supporting RAW shooting without blackout
- 50 MP Handheld High Res shot functionality
- Live ND feature for slow shutter effects without external filter
- Key “OM-D Movie” video capabilities:
- 4K and C4K,
- Different levels of IS,
- 120 fps high-speed shooting in FullHD
- Integrated field sensors to add detailed metadata to pictures and video
- Anti-flicker shooting capabilities
- Two UHS-II SD card slots for high speed responsiveness
- Two batteries in innovative cartridge system and USB charging capabilities
- A multi selector joystick is included in both the horizontal and vertical positions so that users can quickly shift focus areas. In addition to the standard lock lever, a new C-lock lever allows for locking the controls in the vertical position.
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Videos
Stay tuned with us for more information. Read more Olympus Mirrorless news and Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.