According to recent Micro Four Thirds rumors, the next camera from Olympus presumed to be the OM-D E-M5 III. It will be announced on October 17, 2019, and feature the same 20-megapixel sensor that’s inside the E-M1 II.
The Olympus E-M5 Mark III MFT camera is said to be a normal evolution model with a focus on miniaturization and weight reduction, including new functions and mechanisms. Just“small and light” is not attractive.
Waiting for the E-M1 Mark III – see also Olympus E-M1 Mark III : What We Know So Far
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.