According to recent Micro Four Thirds rumors, the next camera from Olympus presumed to be the OM-D E-M5 III. It will be announced on October 17, 2019, and feature the same 20-megapixel sensor that’s inside the E-M1 II.
The Olympus E-M5 Mark III MFT camera is said to be a normal evolution model with a focus on miniaturization and weight reduction, including new functions and mechanisms. Just“small and light” is not attractive.
Best Micro Four Thirds Lenses for Olympus and Panasonic Cameras
Waiting for the E-M1 Mark III – see also Olympus E-M1 Mark III : What We Know So Far
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions. Read more Olympus Mirrorless news and Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.