Canon is rumored to be working on a fast aperture RF 135mm f/1.4L USM lens, along with another RF 135mm f/1.8L USM lens.
Both lenses are expected to arrive sometime in 2020. The RF 135mm f/1.4L lens would be another “crazy” prime lens just like the wide-angle zoom Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM Lens. Release date for these lenses is in later 2020.
From CR :
One of the sources claims that an RF 135mm lens was shown in a roadmap presentation, but no speed or other specifications were shown, though “f/1.4 or f/1.8” was verbally mentioned. However, it was listed as coming in “late 2020+”.
Canon is expanding the RF series lens lineup and will introduce more glass for the full-frame mirrorless system.
At the CP+ 2019, the company announced the development of 6 new RF lenses and two more mirrorless optic will join the party by the end of 2019 to early 2020.
According to the latest reports, the two new RF Canon lens can be one of the following four candidates. Check it out!
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 IS STM Lens
- Canon RF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM Lens
- Canon RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens
The six new RF lenses currently under development :
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!