Samyang has just officially announced the new Samyang 75mm AF 75mm f/1.8 for Fujifilm X mount. It is a very lightweight and compact lens, which gives you a field of view of around 21,9° with a minimum focusing distance of only 69cm. This is the second X mount AF lens after the Samyang AF 12mm f/2 X.
The new Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 X lens for Fujifilm X Series camera will be available in March/April 2023 for £395 (probably $549 in US). Check availability at BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama.
Below are the detailed specifications of Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 Lens for Fujifilm X:
Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 APS-C Lens for Fujifilm X mount
- Aperture Range: f1,8 – 22
- Lens optical construction: 10 elements in 9 Groups
- Special lens: HR 2, ED 3
- Coating: UMC
- Minimum focusing distance: 69 cm / 27,2 inch
- Magnification ratio: X 0,13
- Diaphragm blades: 9
- Filter size: 62 mm
- Maximum Diameter: 70 mm
- Mount: Fuji X
- Angle of view APS-C: 21,9 degrees
- Length: 69,3 mm / 2,7 inch
- Weight: 259g / 9,0oz
- Weather Sealing: yes
- AF/MF modes switch: yes
- AF motor: linear STM
AF 75mm f/1.8 X Key Features:
- Compact Size & Light Weight – The AF 75mm F1.8 X is the smallest (69.3mm/2.7in length) and lightest (257g/26.5oz weight) autofocus telephoto lens designed for Fuji X-mount users. Its compact size and lightweight maximize the portability and usability and it’s a great match to compact Fujifilm mirrorless cameras.
- Excellent Resolution in All Areas of the Image – The 2 HR (High Refractive) and 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements of this new AF 75mm F1.8 X provide a stunning contrast and resolution in all areas of the image. Samyang’s advanced coating technology maintains excellent image sharpness and clear image even in poor lighting conditions.
- Impressive Background with Refined and Beautiful Bokeh – The F1.8 maximum aperture of this new AF 75mm F1.8 X lens provides an extremely narrow depth of field expression and amazing out-of-focus images. A 9-blade circular aperture design creates a beautifully blurred background at a narrow depth of field. Its smooth bokeh and blurred background can make subjects stand out in images with deep dimensional impact.
- Fast and Accurate Auto Focus – The AF 75mm F1.8 X tracks the subject accurately and quickly, whilst the AF operates quietly and smoothly in video recording mode. In particular, it is advantageous for video shooting as this compact and lightweight lens is suitable for use on a gimbal, in combination with the small and light Fujifilm X series cameras.
- Custom Switch Mode 1 & 2 – The AF 75mm F1.8 X includes a new special feature, the “Preset Aperture Control” function on the “Custom Switch – Mode 2”. You can control the depth of field more smoothly without noise and vibration when you record videos in AF mode. On the “Custom Switch – Mode 1”, it operates with the “Focus Control” function in MF shooting mode, so you can adjust the focus precisely, by rotating the focus ring. More functions will be added through firmware updates in the future and you can check the detailed information on the official website.
- Modern Design with Weather Sealing – The AF 75mm F1.8 X has adopted the Samyang AF 2nd generation design such as a rubberized micro-patterned
- focus ring, hidden red ring, and matte finish, also weather sealing applied to 5 different spots.