Sony A7C sensor review and test results published by DxOMark. Sony A7C achieves an outstanding overall score of 95 points, with a combination of of 25 bits color depth, 14.7 EV dynamic range, and 3407 ISO low-light score.
Sony’s 24 MP BSI-CMOS in A7C has high color depth, wide dynamic range, and low noise, which makes it a nicely balanced performer and highly competitive. We were expecting this as Sony Alpha a7C is the Best Selling in the second half of October (CAPA).
The Sony a7C with 28-60mm lens kit wins the NO. 1 best selling camera while the Sony a7C body gets the 2nd position. See more about the Sony A7c sensor review details.
Conclusion from DxOMark:
Featuring a rangefinder-style body, the Sony A7C is an intriguing step between the Sony A6xxx series and the DSLR-style A7xxx models. While targeting the hybrid stills and video market, the design means it’s likely to find favor with vloggers and others looking for a highly compact and portable full-frame camera, and it’s an attractive alternative to the larger A7 III and A9 models. At launch, the price is advantageous as well.
The BSI-CMOS in the Sony A7C performs well altogether. The results are practically identical to the sensors in the Sony A7 III and A9 II, and it produces a nice balance between maximum dynamic range at low ISOs and maintaining a usefully wide dynamic range at higher ISO settings. And the same can be said for color depth. All combined, the Sony A7C is an attractive option for landscape, travel, wedding, and portrait photographers, while the rangefinder-style body should also appeal to the traditional street photographer.
You can read the full review at DxOMark.
Sony a7C Key Features
- 24.2MP back-illuminated 35mm full-frame image sensor
- Updated BIONZ X processing engine
- 4K Movie with full pixel readout, no pixel binning or crop
- Up to 10fps Silent or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking
- 3-inch flip-out, vari-angle LCD for easy framing and vlogging
- 0.39-type XGA OLED electronic viewfinder
- 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi / FTP transfer and wireless PC remote
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization with 5-step shutter speed
- 15-stop dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW
- Real-time AF Tracking, Real-time Eye AF and Animal Eye-AF
See also Sony A7c Dynamic Range Results, Same as A7 III.
Read more: Best Lenses for Sony a7C and Best Memory Cards for Sony a7C.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Read more Sony Camera Rumors here. See also Best Lenses for Sony Full Frame E-Mount