It is now confirmed that the Sony a7S III will be officially announced on July 28, 2020 at 10:00 EDT. The full frame mirrorless camera is now listed at B&H. The preorder starts at 10am ET, Tue Jul 28.
Latest Sony a7S III rumors indicates that the video centric camera will shoot 4K video at 120p, 10bit 4:2:2, FHD video at 240p, while there will be no 8K video for a7S III.
Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Support UHS-II SD card
- Official announcement around July 28, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography