The main change of this firmware is add real-time Eye AF for animals and overall stability. You can download this firmware here.
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals NOTES:
- This function can be used simultaneously with tracking.
- Eye detection may not be possible, depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- It is not possible to simultaneously detect human and animal eyes. Please see the Support site for details.
- Addition of the interval shooting function
- Allows the operation with the wireless remote commander RMT-P1BT (sold separately)
- Other improvements:
- [Focus Frame Color] can be selected.
- “My Menu” can be assigned to appear first when you press the MENU button.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Read more: Best Lenses for Sony a9
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography