Sony today has just released a new firmware for Sony a9 II, the firmware update is version 2.00, now available for download at Sony USA website. This is a major upgrade.
The new Sony a9 II provides silent continuous shooting up to 20 fps at full 24.2MP resolution (RAW+JPEG) with up to 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second without EVF or LCD blackout.
The new Sony a9 II pro-level full frame mirrorless camera is in stock at Amazon and it will soon be in stock at B&H and Adorama.
BENEFITS AND IMPROVEMENTS FROM THE LATEST UPDATE:
- Adds the Hi Frequency flickerfunction, which allows you to reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
NOTE:The Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Toolsoftware will not be supported after April 9th, 2020
- Improves the Face/Eye Priorityin the AF function:
- When set to a custom key, the Face/Eye Priorityin the AF function can be activated or deactivated each time the custom key is pressed
- If Face/Eye Priorityis already set to custom key, this improvement will be available after the camera is updated
- Improves the Remote Camera Toolfunction by adding support for displaying Focus Framefor almost all scenes
NOTE:Version 2.00(or later) of the Remote Camera Toolis required. Please update to the latest version.
- Improves the FTP transfer function
- Allows the camera’s MAC address to be displayed as a QR code
- Adds a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses
- Allows you to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Download link: Sony a9 II Firmware Version 2.00
Read more: Best Lenses for Sony a9 II and Best Memory Cards for Sony a9 II.
Sony Upcoming Cameras 2020
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Read more Sony Camera Rumors here.