According to the latest rumors, Sony’s first full-frame E-mount Blogger focused camera will be announced on March 29, the name of the camera is “ZV-E1“.
Sony ZV-E1 Rumored Specs:
- New ZV-E1 E-mount camera is based on the Sony a7S III
- The Sony ZV-E1 body is a mix between the FX3 and a7C.
- The autofocus is from the Sony a7R V
- 4k60 & 4k 120 (no crop), 4k120 will NOT be launch at first, will come with firmware update after the summer
- no pixel binning
- 409k ISO
- Cheaper than the a7s III (now over 3000 dollars/Euro)
The new Sony ZV-E1 body will be a mix of the FX3 and the a7C, and if the AF is based on the a7R V, it is possible that the new ZV-E1 will be equipped with an AI chip, which will take its performance to a whole new level.
In terms of video capabilities, the ZV-E1 is expected to offer 4K60 and 4K120 without any crop, which is a significant improvement over the a7S III. However, it is worth noting that the 4K120 feature will not be available at launch and will be released via a firmware update after the summer.
Sony a7S III body: $3,498 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Sony a7C body: $1,798 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.