Here is the updated Nikon D780 specs. The upcoming Nikon D780 full frame DSLR camera is expected to be priced around $2,000. The US price for D780 body is expected $1,999 to $2,199.
Nikon D780 will be officially announced ahead of CES 2020 during January 7-10. The long awaited NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S lens and another F-mount lens which would be the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens.
- Buy Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body – Was $2,000, now just $1,196.95 (Also at B&H Photo)
- Buy D750 FX-Format Digital SLR Body Only Camera – Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A. – $899.95
Updated Nikon D780 specs
- 24MP BSI improved sensor
- Articulated TFT LCD tilting touchscreen, 3.2″ with 2,100,000 dots
- Significantly improved processor (compared to the D750)
- Improved fps RAW shooting
- Video: 3840×2160 24p-30p, 1920×1080 24p-120p
- Really good AF for video
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- No built-in flash
- Higher ISO (better than the D850)
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- Between 51 and 153 AF points – I was told most likely 105 AF points
- An updated interface like the Z-series
- Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
- Nikon EN-EL15b battery (used also in the Z7, Z6, D850, D750 and other Nikon cameras)
- Official announcement expected in the first half of January – ahead of CES 2020 during January 7th to 10th
- Price: between $1,999-$2,199
- In “classic” VF mode the camera will sport the same 51-point AF system as seen on other cameras (D750, D850), while in LV mode, the number of AF points will equal numbers from the Z 6 (273 points).
- The Nikon D780 doesn’t have a new AF module or new AF system, there are just some EV sensibility improvements.
- The Nikon D780 camera will have NO built-in flash and, like the D7500, no battery grip compatibility/pins (cost-cutting)
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!