What to expect from Sony ? Here are the latest updates for the upcoming Sony E-mount cameras as well as new lenses. In this May 2019 edition of “What to expect from Sony” , you’ll get the latest news and rumors in one place.
Currently, there is no camera code got registered at certification bodies, so don’t expect new Sony cameras to be announced within 1-2 months. Here is a roundup rumors of upcoming Sony cameras and lenses.
- Sony a9 Mark II (Rumored to be announced in the second half of 2019)
- Sony a7S III (Rumored to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020. 4K@60p, 10bit 4:2:2, HDR Video, Staked Sensor)
- Sony a6700/a7000 (Will have a7 series design, a high-end APS-C model, see rumored specs)
- Sony Alpha a5 (An entry-level full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Canon EOS RP)
- Sony a77 III
- Sony RX1R III
- Sony RX10 V
List of lenses getting refreshed, so if you are planning to buy one of these lenses, better keep eye on the list.
Sony lenses to be updated
- Sony FE 16-35 f/2.8 GM
- Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM
- Sony FE 100mm f/2.8 STF GM OSS
- Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS
In this section we have the 200-600mm lens which is rumored to arrive in 2019. This lens has been in talks for almost teo years. We hope to meet this one in 2019.
- Sony FE 20mm f/2.8 Pancake Lens
- Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Mark II Lens
- Sony E 12-24mm f/4 Lens
- Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens
- FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G
Stay tuned with us and read more Sony Mirrorless news and Sony Rumors here.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.