Canon is rumored to announce a lower and a higher resolution cameras for the EOS R lineup. These cameras are the high-rez 90MP Canon EOS R5S and video-oriented Canon EOS R5C which might be around 11.25MP in resolution.
Details of Canon EOS R5c & EOS R5s Cameras :
- EOS R Video: has the same sensor technology as the EOS R5 but with half the resolution
- EOS R Video: records 4K/120P with no crop
- EOS R Video: does 2.8K supersampling in super35 mode
- Both have a newly developed heat sinks
- EOS high-resolution: has “double-width resolution sensor of EOS R6“ (This would put the resolution at 80mp if I’m understanding that correctly.)
- EOS High-resolution: does 12fps
- Dual Pixel AF performance in low light better than EOS R5 and EOS R6.
- EOS High-resolution: “high resolution monster being hybrid for quality and speed“
What we know so far about this high megapixel Canon EOS R5S mirrorless camera:
- 90MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- No 8K video recording capability
- The design is similar to the Canon EOS R5 camera
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Development announcement at the end of 2020
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.