Here are the best CFexpress memory card readers? In this article we list the top recommended & fastest CFexpress card readers in 2020.
The CFexpress card is relatively new and it is currently the fastest and the most capable memory card format on the market. CFexpress cards will be the default choice for next-generation stills and video cameras. If you are using a camera with CFexpress/XQD card slot (like Canon EOS-1D X Mar III, Nikon D6 and Canon EOS C300 Mark III), you will need a fast CFexpress card, and an additional reliable CFexpress card reader to ensure faster data transfer speeds.
As of writing Sony, Delkin Devices, SanDisk, ProGrade Digital, Lexar has already announced their CFexpress memory cards. According to that we’ve tried to provide some recommendations to get the best out of your cameras and devices. Check out the top recommended and fastest CFexpress card readers in 2020 based on the speed and price.
Best CFexpress Memory Card Readers
Here are our top recommended & fastest CFexpress card readers in 2020:
- Sony MRW-G1 CFexpress Type B/XQD Memory Card Reader
- ProGrade Digital CFexpress USB 3.2 Gen 2 Single-Slot Card Reader
- Delkin Devices USB 3.2 Gen 2 CFexpress Memory Card Reader
- Wise Advanced CFexpress USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C Card Reader
- ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type-B & XQD Single-Slot Thunderbolt 3 Workflow Reader
- Lexar CFexpress USB 3.1 Reader
- ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type B & UHS-II SDXC Dual-Slot USB 3.2 Gen 2 Card Reader
- Hoodman Steel CFexpress Type B Card Reader
- Angelbird CFexpress Card Reader
List of current cameras that support CFexpress cards:
- Canon: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II, Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III
- Nikon: Nikon D6, Nikon Z7, Nikon Z6, Nikon D5, Nikon D850, Nikon D500
Hope you find the Best CFexpress card readers article useful. Feel free to relay your comments below.
4 thoughts on “Best CFexpress Card Readers in 2020”
I bought the Hoodman Steel CFexpress Type B card reader and it is NOT compatible with Macs running Catalina (macOS 10.15). I tried 4 different Macs & none of them could see this unit. Apparently, the driver is NOT present in Catalina. I don’t have any Macs running earlier software so I don’t know if this unit ever works on Macs. I would appreciate learning if it does. If anyone knows where to find the driver, I would love to know that because the unit is nicely made–it just doesn’t work with the macOS. Also does not work with the iPad Pro.