Canon EOS-1D X Mark III & EOS RS & A Lot of New RF Lenses Coming in the First Half of 2020.
Canon is not expected to announce any new cameras & lenses in the rest of 2019. Canon users should see only the Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens (Release Date in December) and Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens.
Meantime Canon is working on a high-megapixel EOS R full frame mirrorless camera, which will replace both the Canon EOS 5DS/5DS R DSLRs. It will be called as Canon EOS RS with a 80MP full frame sensor.
Below are a list of new products to be announced before Photokina 2020 :
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III: Canon’s flagship full frame DSLR camera, it is rumored to shoot 6K video with no corp, IBIS, new DIGIC processor, high megapixel, dual CFexpress card slots. Announcement in early 2020, ahead of Photokina 2020.
- Canon EOS RS high megapixel full frame mirrorless camera, rumored to have a 80+MP full frame mirrorless sensor, to be announced in early 2020.
- A lot of new RF mount lenses will be announced in early 2020.
Rumored Canon EOS RS specifications :
- A slightly larger body and grip than the EOS R
- 80mp full-frame image sensor
- A “new style” of joystick
- Larger LCD than the EOS R
- Larger viewfinder than the EOS R
- The “viewfinder” can be tilted up and down (We’re not sure if this was the LCD screen or the EVF, we have reached out for some clarification)
- Dual SD card slots
- No video specifications are known
- To be announced sometime in the first half of 2020.
Canon Camera Deals:
$300 off on Canon EOS R body: $1,999 at Amazon
$500 off on Canon EOS R with 24-105mm Lens: $2,899 at Amazon
$200 off on Canon EOS RP with 24-105mm Lens: $2,199 at Amazon
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others