Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.0 is now available for download. New Canon EOS 1D X Mark III firmware update Enhances Eye AF, fixes several bugs and adds improvements to the camera.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
– The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
– In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
– In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
– When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved.
5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.0, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Download link: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.0
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.