Canon EOS RS high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to be announced in early 2020. According to latest rumors, Canon will announce a new high megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to replace current EOS 5DS/5DS R in February of 2020. This high-resolution monster is expected to be named as Canon EOS RS.
Canon EOS RS will be equipped with Canon’s next-generation sensors, probably 60-80MP as rumored before, new DIGIC processors and a new form factor that will include the smart controller we first saw on the EOS-1D X Mark III. This will not be the “pro” body that people are clamouring for, but it will be upmarket from the EOS R.
Rumored Canon EOS RS Specs:
- A slightly larger body and grip than the EOS R
- 80mp full-frame image sensor
- A “new style” of joystick
- Larger LCD than the EOS R
- Larger viewfinder than the EOS R
- The “viewfinder” can be tilted up and down (We’re not sure if this was the LCD screen or the EVF, we have reached out for some clarification)
- Dual SD card slots
- No video specifications are known
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!