Canon EOS RS high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to be announced in early 2020. According to latest rumors, Canon will announce a new high megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to replace current EOS 5DS/5DS R in February of 2020. This high-resolution monster is expected to be named as Canon EOS RS.
Canon EOS RS will be equipped with Canon’s next-generation sensors, probably 60-80MP as rumored before, new DIGIC processors and a new form factor that will include the smart controller we first saw on the EOS-1D X Mark III. This will not be the “pro” body that people are clamouring for, but it will be upmarket from the EOS R.
Rumored Canon EOS RS Specs:
- A slightly larger body and grip than the EOS R
- 80mp full-frame image sensor
- A “new style” of joystick
- Larger LCD than the EOS R
- Larger viewfinder than the EOS R
- The “viewfinder” can be tilted up and down (We’re not sure if this was the LCD screen or the EVF, we have reached out for some clarification)
- Dual SD card slots
- No video specifications are known
Stay with us on Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed to get more news, rumors, reviews and deals. Read more Canon mirrorless and Canon Rumors.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!