Leica Camera has released a new firmware version 2.0 for Leica SL2 mirrorless camera (B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon). Version 2.0 includes a new Multishot feature that creates 187MP high-resolution photos.
The Leica SL2 is a L-mount full-frame mirrorless camera for professional stills photographers and videographers. It comes several significant updates and design changes when compared with the original Leica SL.
Here is the full list of improvements and bugfixes in firmware update 2.0:
- With Multishot the user can create photos with a resolution up to 187MP.
- One photo will be taken at normal resolution (47MP) and one at high resolution (187MP).
- Improvement on the Video Menu GUI
In the submenus of the video mode, a white highlighted header shows that the user operates in video mode.
- Improvement on the AF field size setting
The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the AF field.
- SD-Card naming
After formatting the SD-Card, the card will be named with “Leica SL2”.
- Detection of M lenses
6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all time with the M-Adapter L.
- Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting
In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.
- Correction of the focus distance value of feet
The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.
- Connectivity enhancements with App and Image Shuttle
General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.
Information on Multishot Function:
- Only full-frame lenses are suitable for use with the multishot function.
- Any aperture between 1 and 16 can be selected.
- As ISO settings, values from 50 to 3200 are possible.
- The use of a flash is not possible.
- The electronic shutter is always used.
- The multishot function automatically turns off the image stabilization (BIS and OIS).
- The shutter speeds range from 1/40,000 to 1sec.
Download link: Leica SL2 Firmware Version 2.0