Sony announces the new FX6 full-frame cinema camera with 10-bit 4:2:2 4K/120p internal recording. Along with the Sony FX6 cinema camera, the company also unveiled the FE C 16-35mm T3.1 G E-Mount Lens.
Sony FX6 captures 10-bit 4:2:2 full-frame footage at 120 frames per second (fps) at 4K and 240 fps in 1080. If you use the onboard 12G-SDI port, the FX6 can output 16-bit SDI Raw 4K/60p video. Sony has also added its S-Cinetone look profile, which is inspired by its Venice colorimetry and also found in the company’s FX9 cinema camera.
The FX6 uses Sony’s E-mount for attaching lenses, making it compatible with more than 50 native lenses and countless dozens third-party lenses. The FX6 features the same 627-point Fast Hybrid AF system found in the FX9 and Sony’s Alpha mirrorless cameras, including advanced Face Detection and Real-time Eye AF.
Sony FX6 full-frame cinema camera will be available for $6,000 in December. It will also be available as a kit with Sony’s FE 24–105mm F4 G E-mount lens for $7,200. Sony is also releasing a new FE C 16–35mm T3.1 G lens in December that will retail for $5,500.
Sony FX6 Key Features:
- 4K Full-Frame 10.2MP CMOS Exmor R Sensor
- DCI 4K60p | UHD 4K120 | 1080p240
- 15+ Stops of Dynamic Range in S-Log 3 EI
- Compact Form Weighs Just <2 lb
- Phase Detection AF/Face Tracking/Eye AF
- Base 800-12,800 ISO / 320-409,600 Max
- S-Cinetone, S-Log3, HLG Modes
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 XAVC-I/16-Bit Raw Output
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SDXC Card Slots
Sony FE C 16-35mm T3.1 G E-Mount Lens Key Features:
- Full-Frame Format E-Mount Cine Lens
- Large T3.1 Aperture
- Detachable Servo Zoom
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Enhanced Hybrid Autofocus, Auto Exposure
- Lag-Free Linear Response Manual Focus
- Eleven-Blade Iris for Smooth Bokeh
- 0.8 MOD Gear, 114mm Front Diameter
- 120° Focus Rotation
- Antireflection Coating to Reduce Flare